life

life
image courtesy of www.nasa.gov

Friday, April 12, 2013

My first day

Hello & welcome to my new forum about reincarnation!

Reincarnation first became a topic of interest to me when I was in high school.  After high school, reincarnation waned as an area of interest in lieu of college papers, getting a job, getting a mortgage, and other similar stuff that takes up vast chunks of one’s adult existence.

However, what’s exciting in adult life is sometimes getting to choose your own path.  I did that recently when I started a doctoral program in education.  My focus of study (in its simplest form) is about how people learn collectively---how we benefit from the “great brain.”  That being said, I’m in a great class right now, studying knowledge – how it’s created, how it shapes cultures, and how it shapes individuals.

My current assignment is to create a “knowledge object” to investigate why people think the way they think about a topic.  So this is my topic....

I’m asking for your assistance over the next few weeks (and hey, if it’s successful – I’ll keep it going):  I invite you to share your thoughts, beliefs, skepticism, facts, anecdotes and personal experiences via this forum to help me develop a snapshot about how knowledge is created.  This is not a formal research study – just a fun project.  Each day the site will grow as I’ll have new information, media, your contributions, and a new discussion topic.  Please join us when you can!

For now…..let’s start with a simple poll (on the top right side of this page), and some background information about reincarnation found here:

Thanks!  I can't wait to chat with you!
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment