life

life
image courtesy of www.nasa.gov

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Past life regression update

Well, I have booked my hypnosis for next Wednesday (4/24) rather than this week.  However, I did stop by the hypnotist's office yesterday and we had a spontaneous, hour-long chat about her background, credentials, and what I should expect and not expect in the session. (She also does hypnosis for other things like weight loss and smoking cessation).  I have to say I genuinely liked her and felt very comfortable with her.  This is important because I have been worried that I wouldn't be susceptible to hypnosis as I am a very controlled person.  Letting someone else take over the reigns of subconsciousness....is very, very hard for me to do. Just an update...I have to go do some more research on hypnosis now, and will share what I find and how it compares to the information I received.  If anyone has had experience with hypnotherapy and can offer any tips or anecdotes....that would be appreciated!

4 comments:

  1. Regression should only be done with a purpose IMHO, many do it out of curiosity but certain past lives will not come through unless there is a reason. For example an altercation with someone or an injustice.

    The akashic records are the best place to look for a past life and the lessons learnt or that need to be continued. These should again be done with caution, certain past lives should remain so, if traumatic and resurfacing can trigger pain and confusion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your knowledge on the subject. The hypnotist also said the same thing - that I should have a purpose before beginning a session, although she has regressed people and has I suppose "stumbled upon" some other past life memories in that fashion.

    As this is a learning experience, I just looked up what the Akashic records are, and am reading through the information now - it's a fascinating concept - especially to one who is focused on studying knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Akashic Records and ancestral and soul groups are all part of the reincarnation concept.
      I emailed you a link for the karmic ties article, that may help you look at aspects of reincarnation and why it occurs and recognising situations and people around you.

      I hope you have an enlightening session.

      Delete
  3. This reminded me of the basis of Dream Theater's 1999 concept album Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes from a Memory deals with regression therapy and reincarnation. Google it great story , lyrics, music and the freaky part of this is it was you who was with me back then @JR music in NYC when I discovered it.

    Hope this all goes well for you - great topic

    ReplyDelete