life

life
image courtesy of www.nasa.gov

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Vaguely familiar....

I almost named this blog "That Looks Familiar," as I thought that for a blog on reincarnation the name was not exactly clever, but appropos perhaps.  It really just popped right into my head.  The more I thought about it...the more I liked it.  Really like it.  It was decided.  About an hour later...I was letting my mind drift while washing dishes and with an equally loud "POP!" I realized why I came up with that name.  It was the name of my HS yearbook.  So I saved myself from a possible copyright violation - or at least retroactively flunking something, or ticking off one of my dear friends who was the Editor-in-Chief of said publication.

Then as I moved on to scrubbing pots a certain stream-of-consciousness developed:  if I thought that was my own idea for a publication name, how can I trust my memory? What does that mean for all the times I *thought* I had deja-vu?  Was it really something I had just forgotten about?  Same with those odd dreams.

So I wonder what your deja-vu experiences have been?  Do you think they are related to a past-life?  Could it be simply something stored in some random, and long-sleeping neuron?  I was just reading a post on http://horizonoracle.wordpress.com, and thought this was a lovely question that the author posed (and I hope he doesn't mind me re-posting it and giving him credit), "Remember the times when you did soemthing for the first time, that somehow felt as if it came from some experience in your past?"

3 comments:

  1. I had a hard time figuring out how to comment Ms. Byrne. However here I am. I think this is a great idea and project. I'm glad to see someone reaching out to technology to enhance their ideas.

    As far as this topic I have deja-vu all of the time and always wonder why. Possibly I remember from a dream or just forgotten that I knew something. I do not usually attribute deja-vu to a past life because then the people I'm around in the deja-vu will have had to have had the same past life as I had and that's something I have not been able to grasp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deja Vu is when you recall something you ha already planned for this incarnation, so you haven't done it before, but it was a probable or possible outcome. Its not a past life but part of your soul planning for this incarnation.

    We get triggers.. it has happened many a time to me and in hindsight I recall, at the actual moment you get a feeling of familiarity, hearing a phrase or being in a particular place .

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great blog! I love the variety of information and resources you have here! I have definitely experienced dejavu countless times in my life, but that is not the main reason I have always thought of reincarnation as possibility. I have always believed in the possibility of reincarnation because of the unexplained reasons as to why so many of us do the things we do. Myself, for instance, has always had a love for classical music and a singing talent that no one else in my family has, and I was never exposed to it from my family either. If something cannot be explained by nature OR nurture, how else can we explain it?

    ReplyDelete